Loader - Assistant
Detroit, MI 48209 US
- Primarily works as part of a two-man crew to safely remove appliances from customer homes. Provide navigation assistance to Route Driver, travel to the homes, call-ahead to customers, meet with the customers, document the pickup, and remove identified appliances for customer’s residence.
- Meet the established daily, weekly, and monthly Key Performance Indicators for appliance pickup appointments
- Convey a positive image of project partners by maintaining a professional appearance.
- Track and report pickups and deliveries using a mobile device with a pick-up routing application, as well as paperwork as required.
- Cooperatively work with program staff to identify and recommend areas for process improvement
- Perform related work as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance
- Proficiency with mobile devices, mobile GPS, and related mapping applications.
- Comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Able to lead, motivate, be diplomatic, and build positive rapport with customers
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Able to bend, stoop and reach
- Able to lift 75 lbs. and maneuver load safely.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment and hold to deadlines.
- Problem-solver. Able to respond to a diverse set of challenges in the field and do whatever it takes to meet project deliverables on schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers, superiors, and customers
- Knowledge and understanding of safe material handling, moving, loading, and securing.
- Weekly pay
- $600 sign-on bonus.
- 1-year furniture or appliance delivery or loading and unloading
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Valid driver’s license preferred, with a good driving record/motor vehicle report
- Experience with Dispatch and Customer Management Systems/Databases