Wixom, MI 48393 US
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Be proficient in knowledge and use fabrication techniques involved in the fabrication and manufacture of custom machinery and projects.
- Setup components for welding according to specifications. (e.g., cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Proficiency in the use of all fabrication hand tools, including drills, grinders, cutting tools, squares, levels, etc.
- Be proficient in welding processes in all positions.
- Operation of machinery involved in the fabrication of various types of machinery and structures.
- Visually Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Welder/fabricators may be asked to help in the preparation of equipment for painting, assembly of equipment for shipping, testing of equipment, installation of equipment at customer sites and other duties required in daily production activities.
- Proven experience as a welder. (MIG Welding)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools. (Saws, squares, tape measure, calipers, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing. (Face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- 2 years Welding Fabrication Experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, break press, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Ability to stand for long periods.