Detroit, MI 48209 US
- Primarily works as the lead for a two-man crew to safely remove appliances from customer homes. This includes travel to the homes, meeting with the customers, and removing identified appliances.
- Operating a 26’ box truck, with a lift gate, to conduct pre-scheduled appointments
- Meet the established daily, weekly, and monthly Key Performance Indicators for appliance pickup appointments
- Convey a positive image of project partners by maintaining a professional appearance
- Track and report pickups and deliveries using a mobile device.
- Cooperatively work with program staff to identify and recommend areas for process improvement
- Perform related work as required
- Valid chauffeur’s license and good driving record
- 2 – 3 years of experience operating box trucks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance
- Familiarity with mobile devices
- Comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Able to lead, motivate, be diplomatic, and build positive rapport with customers
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Able to bend, stoop and reach
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment and hold to deadlines.
- Problem-solver. Able to respond to a diverse set of challenges in the field and do whatever it takes to meet project deliverables on schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers, superiors, and customers
- Knowledge and understanding of energy audits and the direct installation measures
- 1-year furniture or appliance delivery or loading and unloading
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Experience with Customer Management Systems/Databases
- Paid holidays after 90 days
- One (1) week vacation after one year.
- Four (4) or Five (5) Days per week, need to be available from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Ten (10) hour days;
- Weekly pay
- Company-issued uniform shirts.
- $900 sign on bonus
- Christmas bonus