SMS Group of Companies https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63405/logos/sm-logo-200x200.png http://www.smsgoc.com http://www.smsgoc.com USD 19.23 26.44 HOUR true
Detroit, MI 48216 US
Posted: 05/17/2023 2023-05-17 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Accounting Job Number: TT667380517 Pay Rate: $19.23-26.44 / hour
The Accounting Associate performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department for MCLJASCO Companies.
Tasks include (but not limited to) verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records, updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers, journal entries, accounts receivable billings, and other records including detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, and accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (currently B1), compile data and prepare a variety of reports, reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers, recommends actions to resolve discrepancies and investigates questionable data. The Accounting Associate supports accounting operations by filing documents, reconciling statements and assisting the Staff Accountant as needed with other accounting tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes Accounts Payable invoices and payments to vendors.
- Support the reconciling of General Ledger Accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, reconcile vendor statements.
- Supports the maintenance of the accounting databases by entering data into the computer.
- Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies and filing documents.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and be self-directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred; or 3-5 years of related work and college experience.
- Superior knowledge of modern accounting practices and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in QuickBooks Software and/or other accounting software.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task while prioritizing work.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing activities
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry documents and boxes weighing up to 15 pounds.