Detroit, MI 48226 US
SMS GROUP COMPANIES Is looking for professional wait staff for high end dinning experience in the Detroit Downtown area.
- Responsible for serving guests alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during daytime and evening banquet functions. Properly checks guests’ IDs to insure legal drinking age, monitors guest consumption of alcoholic beverages.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Adheres to local policies and Procedures for Huntington Place
- Sets up bar with all beverages, mixers, garnishes, polished glassware, napkins, and straws that are necessary for the event.
- Pulls all alcoholic beverages with manager on duty. Monitors all liquor, beer, wine, soda always.
- Transports and handles all banquet equipment properly and with care.
- Check IDs per the state and Huntington Place policies.
- Prepares cocktails, pours and mixes drinks quickly and accurately in a customer service-oriented manner.
- Adheres to cash handling policies when applicable
- Is familiar with all brands of beverages (liquor, beer, wine, soda, effervescence)
- Breaks down bar of supplies, cleans up bar area in event space of all banquet equipment. (trash, glassware, beer carts). Wipes down bars and returns to proper storage area.
- Performs other activities as necessary.
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of team management of all problems, issues and opportunities.
- Acts as a team player and provides expertise within the team and with other teams as appropriate.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have prior liquor handling experience. High School diploma preferred. Must be flexible with hours and scheduling. Available to work up to seven days a week, daytime and evening, holidays and weekends.
Requires good communication skills, the ability to make good judgment calls, knowledge of basic liquor, beer, and wine types, knowledge of drink recipes and ability to make them correctly.
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs.
Repetitive Motions: Frequent
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequent
Vision: Normal with or without glasses
Must be good at problem solving, observant of guests’ drinking patterns, and can stop serving them if they are over-imbibing.
Many different event locations, varied in temperature based on the location of the event and season.