Wixom, MI 48393 US
- Design electrical and fluid-power control systems to conform to as-sold specifications as described in written sales proposals and kick-off meetings.
- Develop, program and document:
- 480v, 240v and 120v AC power distribution circuits
- 12v and 24v DC power and logic control circuits and wiring
- Safety circuits applying the latest automotive requirements.
- Control system I/O layouts
- Pneumatic control circuits
- PLC and PC-based machine control programs
- HMI/MMI control programs
- Servo controller programs
- Machine and plant networks
- Smart devices and IoT Applications
- Perform on-site leadership in the start-up and debug of above systems in facilities and customer plants as required.
- Understand and apply a detailed knowledge of customer design and build specifications and specific project requirements based on past experience and customer supplied documents
- Provide completed designs that meet high quality standards, cost targets, and schedule constraints
- Review and approve design work of Controls Engineers or subcontract labor to ensure that engineering standards are maintained
- Identify needs, generate engineering RFQs and obtain necessary subcontract support and quotations for engineering services and purchased components
- Assist in the management of subcontract resources to ensure efficient and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Interface with and provide support to all operational departments including (but not limited to) Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Management, Service and Support groups. Assist these groups as needed to ensure mutual success
- Machine control systems for automotive applications.
- Electrical schematics with AutoCAD.
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic fluid power schematics with AutoCAD.
- Programming and debugging machine control code, including (but not limited to):
- PLC logic, RLL, STL.
- PC-based control logic.
- HMI/MMI configuration and programming.
- Safety controller programming.
- Servo controller programming.
- Robot controller programming.
- Smart device programming
- IoT applications
- Vision system programming
- A bachelor's degree in a related engineering field or equivalent experience