Energy Assessor: Grand Rapids, MI
Comstock Park, MI 49321 US
- Competitive hourly pay, depending on experience.
- 2 weeks of PTO per calendar year.
- 9 paid holidays with 1 floating Holiday per calendar year.
- Excellent health, dental, optical, and life insurance benefit program, with a significant portion of premium paid by the Company
- Company sponsored training and Tuition Reimbursement program
- Work independently to conduct residential energy audits utilizing mobile weatherization software. This includes travel to the customer homes, educating the customer, completing paperwork, and using a handheld tablet to input energy saving measures, performing a comprehensive audit including blower-door, recommendations, and interface with multiple databases.
- The individual will also maintain accurate supply inventory on a daily basis.
- Communicate project goals and convey a positive image of project partners.
- Perform residential energy audits and record findings and download/upload the required forms and documents.
- Teach customers how to perform simple low and no-cost energy conservation measures, such as sealing air leaks and changing furnace filters.
- Provide customer education that influences additional energy savings and behavioral changes, including but not limited to: referral to other service programs and engaging customers in the creation of action plans, which detail the steps they should take to save energy and reduce costs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- BPI Analyst certification (preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of residential energy audits and the direct install measures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exercise good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Able to lead, motivate, be diplomatic, and build a positive rapport with customers
- Communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Comfortable working in an urban and rural setting with people of diverse backgrounds
- Work independently and/or as a team member
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including some later evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach
- Current Valid driver’s license with no restrictions and good driving record a must
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment and hold to deadlines
- Able to respond to a diverse set of challenges in the field, problem-solve, and meet project deliverables on schedule.