SMS Group of Companies https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63405/logos/sm-logo-200x200.png http://www.smsgoc.com http://www.smsgoc.com USD 15 HOUR true
Production Worker 1st shift
Sterling Heights, MI 48312 US
Posted: 05/17/2023 2023-05-17 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Industrial Job Number: AR6785559314 Pay Rate: $15 / hour
MACHINE OPERATOR / PRODUCTION - IMMEDIATE OPENINGS
Key Areas of Responsibility (Answerable for the following end results)
- Operate production tooling and equipment in a manner that achieves production and quality goals and standards.
- Assist in maintaining Business Operating System integrity and alerting those situations that do not meet the quality system requirements to management.
- Maintain the integrity of tooling and equipment necessary to perform work.
- Disposition and move suspect assemblies or components to the Non-Conforming or assembly rework area.
- Work in a manner that promotes teamwork among fellow workers.
- Communicate effectively with direct supervision on all aspects of the job performance, including across all shifts.
- Accurately complete all paperwork associated with the job assignment.
- Document all activities as required.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Limits of Authority
- Advise Department Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety, or customer satisfaction results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to products, processes & systems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, or system.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through the appropriate channels and verify implementation.
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming products until the deficiency is corrected.
Basic Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Good written and mathematical skills.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Possesses color and/or appearance testing approval where applicable.
- Familiarity with quality specifications and documentation in an automotive environment a plus.
Internal Training (Minimum Requirements)
- Dakkota Orientation
- Dakkota Vision and Culture
- Departmental Training
- Process 06 – Dakkota Production System
- Process 12 – Preventive, Corrective, and Nonconformance Management
- Company Training
- Quality Mission Statement
Health, Safety, and Physical Demand Requirements
- 50 pounds lifting.
- Able to tolerate standing for 8 hours or more.
- Occasional lifting, climbing, carrying, pulling, griping, grasping, and reaching 11-64% of the work day.
- Hand and eye coordination.
Risks Associated with Job Function