SMS Group of Companies https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63405/logos/sm-logo-200x200.png http://www.smsgoc.com http://www.smsgoc.com USD 85000 YEAR true
Supplier Quality Engineer
Detroit, MI 48209 US
Posted: 05/11/2023 2023-05-11 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Permanent Industry: Engineering Job Number: AR601595511 Pay Rate: $85000 / year
Direct Hire 85,000 salary
Great Work Environment
The position is responsible is responsible for creating, modifying, and maintaining all bills of material. This is a highly important and detail-oriented role that requires the ability to think critically, and problem solve through cross-functional collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the Quality team, the Quality Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the quality control function on the plant floor, communicating and responding to customer concerns and requirements, and assisting the quality manager in all plant quality assurance activities
- Incumbents in this classification are responsible for ensuring that products, processes, facilities, and systems conform to quality standards, resolving production quality concerns, and monitoring scrap for LM Manufacturing
- Supervises quality employees and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting and testing assembled components, and parts, as vehicles and subassemblies proceed through stages of assembly process
- Reviews quality assurance instructions, assembly specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, and work assignments
- Directs workers in quality assurance inspection and testing, to assure that establishment and regulatory standards are met
- Reviews reports and confers with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve work-related problems
- Interprets and enforces all quality procedures for plant personnel and trains personnel on quality procedures
- Motivates and develops direct reports to take on more responsibility or perform better on the job
- Troubleshoots problems around quality to come up with solutions that are
comprehensive and higher quality in investigation and follow-up
- Implements and coordinates quality processes and systems
- Manages process of quality specific to product or line to maintain consistency, reduce costs, bring about process improvement and maximize
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with established company quality policies, practices, SOPs, and federal regulations
- Ensures quality of materials purchased, processed, manufactured and / or distributed by LM Manufacturing
- Coordinates shift activity with off shift Supervisor
- Supervises the work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems
- Implements quality control programs to ensure reliability of testing procedures, proper function of laboratory equipment, and compliance with federal regulations; prepare and maintain applicable records
- Prepares technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
- Designs appropriate work schedules for employees and plans daily work assignments in order to maintain adequate personnel
- Supports customers in daily yard repairs through arranging, tacking and disputing issues that arise
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function
- Develops and implements Quality related documents including control plans, visual aids, and work instructions
- Assists in the development of FMEA’s and Process Flows
- Maintains professional relationships and perceptions of LM Manufacturing at customer assembly plants
- Provides knowledge and expertise of customer process to LM Manufacturing personnel
- Supports pre-production, launch and production, as required, at customer assembly plants
- Supports warranty and JD Power activities, as required and Production Trial Run (PTR) process
- Conducts initial investigation for all concerns reported at customer assembly plants and provides detailed information to appropriate team members to conduct analysis
- Manages containment of parts at customer assembly plants and provide daily information for containment and cost status
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Three to five years prior Manufacturing experience, preferably in the areas of JIT automotive, or Tier 1 Manufacturing or a combination of both.