NOW Hiring! Excellent starting pay - $15/ HR - Material Handler is responsible for controlling heavy machinery to move materials around the warehouse. Duties include preparing merchandise and securing it for safe, easy transport, using radio communications to determine priorities, and performing regular machine maintenance on forklifts and other tools.
As a Forklift Operator you will need to be able to easily operate powered industrial machinery. You will use scanners to track the inventory of items as they move through the warehouse. Additionally, you will need to prepare items to be moved, by placing them on pallets, wrapping them, etc. Other duties may include:
- Checking for damaged goods
- Staying aware of possible hazards
- Maintaining/repairing forklift and other equipment
- Recording data about the products they are moving
- safely operate the Forklift; being aware of other personnel in the vicinity