SMS Group of Companies https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63405/logos/sm-logo-200x200.png http://www.smsgoc.com http://www.smsgoc.com USD 22 HOUR true
Wixom, MI 48393 US
Posted: 05/17/2023 2023-05-17 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Welding Job Number: AR299507722 Pay Rate: $22 / hour
SMS Group of Companies is experienced individuals to fill openings for our Welder / Fabricator position at our facility in Wixom . MI.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Be proficient in knowledge and use fabrication techniques involved in the fabrication and manufacture of custom machinery and projects.
- Setup components for welding according to specifications. (e.g., cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Proficiency in the use of all fabrication hand tools, including drills, grinders, cutting tools, squares, levels, etc.
- Be proficient in welding processes in all positions.
- Operation of machinery involved in the fabrication of various types of machinery and structures. This may include operation of plate shears, ironworkers, drilling and tapping operations, plate burning equipment, plasma cutting, and handheld oxygen/acetylene torches.
- Visually Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Understanding, proficiency and safe use of overhead cranes and rigging techniques
- Understanding, proficiency, and safe usage of lift trucks up to 8000 lbs.
- Welder/fabricators may be asked to help in the preparation of equipment for painting, assembly of equipment for shipping, testing of equipment, installation of equipment at customer sites and other duties required in daily production activities.
- Proven experience as a welder. (MIG Welding)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools. (Saws, squares, tape measure, calipers, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing. (Face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- 5 years Welding Fabrication Experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, break press, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods.